QardioArm for Qardio
Blood Pressure Monitoring Made Easy
QardioArm is a fully portable wireless blood pressure monitor. This small and clinically validated device takes design cues from discrete, portable objects, making it feel less medical and more elegant than existing blood pressure monitoring products.
7TH founder and director Duncan Fitzsimons worked on QardioArm as a design consultant to help Qardio create their first product at his previous design studio, Vitamins during 2012 and 2013.
“This moves consumer health products forward by focusing on user lifestyle as well as medical data. It brings together functional and emotional factors in a way that is sensitive to people’s needs, replacing stigmatising design with product that is more aspirational and relevant to our everyday lives.”
— Rama Gheerawo Deputy Director, The Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design Royal College of Art
To purchase the QardioArm or find out more, please visit www.getqardio.com
- User Research and Design Research.
- Identify new product opportunities.
- Concept designs and new product visualisations.
- Prototyping and development for first working prototypes – 3D printed plastic parts.
- Prototyping and development – textile components.